Save the Date: 'The Contribution Women Make to a Safer Community' Conference
November 3rd 2016
Following the success of last year’s conference Staffordshire Fire and Rescue are delighted to be hosting a second event on November 3rd 2016 at Yarnfield Conference Centre, Stone, with the theme of ‘The Contribution Women Make to a Safer Community’.
Based on feedback from previous delegates we will again be having a mix of inspirational key note speakers and interactive sessions to facilitate partnership working, self-development and networking opportunities. The event is free of charge and will be open to all partners (women and men)
Quotes from the 2015 conference;
"It was the best conference I had attended in ages - I went home and couldn't stop talking about it."
"It was empowering, the speakers were all brilliant for different reasons - it was a treat - not a chore!"
"Can't express how much I enjoyed the speakers, whom I found inspirational and kind of made me feel a little more confident."
"Opened my thinking about partnership working across our organisations - lots of ideas!"
We are delighted to confirm that our speakers will include;
- Emma Shute, the founder of ‘Women to work’ who will tell us about women’s development into and within the workplace
- Emily Hough will again be speaking at the conference and will talk about her work with the White Helmet women, volunteer rescue workers in Syria
- Professor Liz Barnes, newly appointed Vice - Chancellor of Staffordshire University who will highlight the value of education in the contribution of women to safer communities
- Becci Bryant, Chief Fire Officer and Chief Executive of Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service who is the first woman in England to have achieved this position after beginning her career as an operational firefighter and who will share her experiences of her first six months in her role.
- Danny Flynn, Chief Executive of the YMCA in Stoke-on-Trent who will talk about the development of young people and share some inspiring stories.
Please save this date in your diaries and pass it on to others who you think may be interested. We will be in touch with more details and booking information in June.