The two Lay Board Members for Patient & Public Involvement on North Staffordshire & Stoke-on-Trent Clinical Commissioning Groups are set to involve the public in putting mental health services under the spotlight. They are seeking twelve individuals to act as members of a citizens’ jury on mental health in Northern Staffordshire. They are seeking a balanced jury of people who have experienced mental health services, either as patients or carers and also people with no experience but who have an interest in health care.
The role of jurors will be to:
- agree on how the jury will operate
- prepare for and attend six meetings of the jury panel
- read through associated evidence and material
- agree on who should be invited to give evidence
- develop recommendations to inform the commissioning of mental health services contribute to the final report (this may be by writing particular sections, or if preferred, by commenting on what others have written)
The first meeting will be held in December 2016 at Smithfield One Building, Leonard Coates Way, Stoke -on-Trent, ST1 4FA.
For more information about the Citizens' Jury, please visit:
Stoke CCG website - http://www.stokeccg.nhs.uk/citizens-jury or
North Staffordshire CCG website - http://www.northstaffsccg.nhs.uk/citizens-jury .
For a full role description and an expression of interest form, please contact Louise.Barnett@northstaffsccg.nhs.uk
Expressions of interest are invited to be submitted to by midnight on Sunday 4 December 2016.