The reason that Restart exists is to help anybody previously labelled an ‘offender’ to rehabilitate and reintegrate into society in a safe and supported environment.
In a lot of cases, the offending is a pattern that has lasted many years, leading to a ‘revolving-door’ of imprisonment.
Our purpose is to break those cycles, and support our clients to develop confidence, life skills, and family and community relationships with the aim of achieving full independence.
We work with the most vulnerable ex-offenders who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
We recognise that our clients have, in a lot of cases, experienced a lifetime of personal challenges – including complex needs such as learning difficulties and substance misuse -which has significantly contributed to them falling into crime.
Our approach, therefore, is holistic encompassing housing, practical help and wellbeing.
· Quality shared community housing
· Wrap-around support tailored to each person’s individual situation
· Help to access benefits and healthcare, and support to attend appointments
· Referrals to other services who can help with recovery and rehabilitation
· A development plan based on agreed goals and client engagement
· Access to mentoring in practical and work-based skills, or training towards qualifications
· Opportunities to volunteer internally and externally, building up skills and settling into the community
· Spiritual support and development from our full-time Restart Chaplain
· Guidance and support to reconnect with family relationships that may have broken down
‘Restart’ means to begin again. For some of our clients, that means again and again and again.
We never take the stance that somebody’s continued offending is inevitable. That is why we continue to provide support time and again where others may have washed their hands.
Because for some, THIS time is THE time.
The Restart Journey
For more information on the service, its history and goals, download the full brochure in PDF format here.
Restart in the Media
Discover how Adrian - a previously prolific offender - has turned his life around with Restart.
Be inspired by Phil, who came out the other side and now volunteers with us.
Read coverage of the launch of the Restart service and what it means to the local community.
Referring to our Service
Please note, the Restart offices are based in Burslem: Restart. Adelaide House, Adelaide Street, Burslem, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ST6 2BD